Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Landscape Photography

Another great and easy way to capture the beauty all around us is landscape photography.
This can be both rural and urban. You can take pictures of a field, a forest, a road, or a skyscraper, a marina, or a busy road. The landscpe doesn't have to follow the set idea of graceful fields, with the perfect lightings and accent of colour. The same rules apply to landscape photography as photogarphy in everyday life. It is not important what you choose to photograph, as long as you capture the beauty that you felt when you saw it. If your photos do not move people, then their purpose has failed. This picture I took above was taken by the side of the barnyard at my house. It was early in the morning, around the time I leave in the morning, and I looked over at the yard. The sun was beginning to rise over hills and it reflected incredibly off the snow in the yard. I was trying to capture the idea of simple beauty by including foreground trees and farm equipment and I would consider this an effective picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment